Reducing health inequalities for the people of Sheffield, creating happy and healthy communities.
Sign up to our sessions here!
Fans FC is a programme that supports people diagnosed with cancer and/or other long-term illnesses and supports people that are affected by cancer (family and friends). Fans FC is run in partnership with Sheffield Hospitals Charity, NHS Charities Together and the Premier League Charitable Fund. The programme aims to provide free mental and physical support to those that need it. We currently have a variety of physical and wellbeing activities, both online and face to face, strategically delivered in various locations across the city. We have a range of sessions to cater to everyone.
For more information or to get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also come down to any session to register. Alternatively, if you are an organisation wanting to refer or get involved please also contact email@example.com.
Please see the Fans FC timetable below:
Mental Health Support
In partnership with Sheffield Flourish, Brunsmeer Awareness, Door 43, Sheffield Mind, Strong Minds Together, Talk Club, Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA & FURD we have a variety of Mental Health support sessions for men, women and young people. These sessions aim to help participants improve their mental wellbeing by giving them the opportunity to seek help and also their physical wellbeing by being active.
All sessions are inclusive and accessible for individuals of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. For more information about these sessions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for our Mental Health session timetable:
Young Leaders is a five-month leadership programme for young people aged 18-25 that we are delivering in partnership with Dame Kelly Holmes Trust in the Sheffield area.
The programme is aimed at motivated young people, who want to make positive differences within their communities and who are particularly interested in improving health and wellbeing of others. This could be through physical activity, nutrition, or wellbeing activities.
Sessions are delivered by Dame Kelly Holmes Trust athlete mentors. The Trust works with world class athletes, who are trained up to use their unique experience from the world of competitive sport to give young people a starting block in life that they may not otherwise have.
This is a fantastic personal development opportunity for those involved, and a chance to learn and work alongside elite athletes, develop skills and have a real impact on the local community.
The programme will be delivered in 21 training sessions across 21 weeks. Each session will be 2-2.5 hours in duration by two Trust athlete mentors. As part of the programme, you will have the opportunity to play a supportive role, working alongside your mentor, within a local school-based programme, and put some of this training into practice.
Who are we looking for?
- 20 motivated, young people aged 18-25
- Young people with a desire to make a positive impact in their community, club or society.
- A passion to help other people improve their health and wellbeing.
- A motivation to learn, improve and develop as a person.
- Commitment to attend a 21 week programme every week. Each session will be 2 – 2.5 hours in duration
What qualifications are needed?
Qualifications are not a requirement. We are looking for young people with a positive attitude, who are committed to making a difference in their local community.
The five-month training programme will include the following topics:
- How to build a team
- Facilitation and delivery skills
- Understanding community issues
- Understanding health and wellbeing and how to support others
- Mental health awareness (https://mhfaengland.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn7drSHSZrln-u9kAKW2EG1rOVBg_BPEYmvixrc8Or3WNnyBKidCvq0aAkDhEALw_wcB)
- First Aid Qualification
- Child protection and safeguarding Qualification
- How to plan successful sessions and programmes
- Mentoring skills
- How to tell YOUR story
- Public speaking and media training
- Networking and Influencing
- Project management
By the end of the programme the Young Leaders will:
- Improve their understanding of the determinants of health and wellbeing
- Improve their teamwork, leadership, communication and project management skills
- Develop their coaching and mentoring skills
- Develop their ability to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive health and wellbeing activities
- Strengthen their networking, influencing and relationship-building skills
- Increase their motivation and ability to act as agents of change in the local community
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Amber Stott at 07940026273 or email email@example.com
Ending Forever Isolation
In partnership with Cadbury, Aviva Community Fund and Home Instead, the Ending Forever Isolation programme aims to reduce loneliness and isolation for people over 65 in Sheffield. The programme consists of a weekly catch up every Wednesday afternoon from 1-2.30pm at the Blades Family Hub. Participants can come along for a cup of tea, a chat with friends and try new and fun activities.
If you would like to join our programme or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking Football is one of the UK’s fastest-growing sports for the over 50s. We run weekly sessions in partnership with Sheffield City Trust and Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA and welcome participants of all abilities to come down and have a kick-about.
Costing £5 per session, when block booked for 12 weeks, Walking Football is a fantastic way to get healthier whilst playing football.
Find Out More
For more information or to get involved in Walking Football please email