High Level Summary:
Responsible To: Premier League Kicks Coordinator
Salary: Pro Rata £18,000 p/a
Please download the full job description here.
About the Role:
Welcome Through Football is an EFDN initiative. Current projects across Europe receive funding from the Eramus+ programme of the European Union and the UEFA Foundation for Children.
The Welcome Through Football 2021 project aims to assist in the integration and inclusion of recently arrived young refugees, asylum seekers and young people with a migrant background. EFDN and partners will develop and test a European methodology that uses football as a tool to reach refugees and migrants from different ages (7-25 years old) to get them physically and social active in European communities.
Moreover, the project assists football coaches and youth workers in the development and sharing of effective methods in reaching out to the marginalised target group, in preventing racism and intolerance.
Welcome Through Football has a Three Step Process, Which is:
- Socialisation to sports – providing different football offerings for young refugees of both genders related to their specific requirements such as language skills or the possibility of trauma.
- Socialisation in sports – working on team structure, giving more responsibility to the participants and offering additional steps out with the sports training sessions.
- Socialisation through sports – Focusing on the skills the participants learn from taking part in the available offers so that they qualify for further education in and outside of sports.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Delivery of a variety of inclusive community sessions to refugees and asylum seekers
- Delivering and/or supporting staff to deliver workshops with participants on a variety of topics related to personal development
- To be accountable for the welfare of children and vulnerable adults under your supervision in line with the Foundation’s Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adult Policy.
About Sheffield United Community Foundation:
Sheffield United Community Foundation is a charity working in the areas of Accessibility & Inclusion, Community Engagement, Education & Skills, Employability & Training, Health & Wellbeing and Sport & Physical Activity.
Harnessing the power of Sheffield United, we deliver bespoke programmes that tackle inequalities and provide opportunities to improve people’s lives and develop communities.
Trustworthy – Flexible – Considerate – Passionate – Progressive
Please note that all suitable candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please let us know if there are any alternative arrangements which need to be made to help you during the application and interview process.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented audiences, including but not limited to applicants with disabilities, ethnically diverse communities, and we don’t discriminate against any age groups.